1. that I got the house taxes paid (woohoo!!) and
2. I will be caught up with the mortgage AND
3. I have several nibbles on the 3 remaining pups, AND
4. the ex is coming to collect his stuff tomorrow, AND
5. When I got home I saw that the majestic old Elm tree had fallen down, roots up due to the storms this week (I know that’s NOT the exciting part lol) AND it had avoided the fence that I spent last week repairing to keep my sheep in. Definitely the Hand of the Divine at work there.
6. I do believe I can pay off 2 of the 4 credit cards; oh and the last one
7. I only have to pay 67c on my electric bill!!!
So counting my blessings and SO grateful!
PS On the down side, the Dr thinks I’m this close to pneumonia so I have instructions to take my antibiotics and rest this weekend – no sheep wrangling.
and when laid off, I just sooooooo wanted something different. Like working at home.
Gads, what a mistake.
Just like anyone sucked into a cult, I did everything I could to please. Throwing money hand over fist to “their” phone service, their advertising loops, thier web sites, their, well, you name it.
Hours and hours spent on the phone, tons of money (about $1K loan) to fly to “conferences”. Which were really nothing more than other schmucks like me following orders. Sure, the seats were filled, but that is the name of the game, isn’t it? Keep the newbies hyper and wanting the life advertised?
In reality, I truly wanted to believe in the product and sell it. Oh, silly me. What it really entailed was selling false dreams to someone else. And I could have done that if there was any true substance in the propositon.
Instead, after six months and thousands of dollars, I couldn’t stomach it anymore. Such as meeting members of my upline who left no doubt they had blatantly lied. (Honey, you are way too tall and way too big boned to have ever been a size 4, unless of course when you were 11.) Inablity to get my direct supervisor to explain how to actually sell the “cover” product and not just the biz. Rooming with a person who I finally got to admit that she’d spent EIGHTY GRAND to get to the level just above me.
And, of course, being at a conference and watching young protegees of the upline suck down a saucer full of “product pills” instead of any dinner.
however, Mr Summers says Jerry is running like a champ! He took her out for a spin on the highway and says she is running smoothly. Now I can use the oil money for something else. The leak was REALLY bad, not to mention how much it was costing is spark plugs every couple of months.
So, valve cover replaced, oil leak fixed, new spark plugs and spark plug leads and distributor cap.
Now I gotta remember to budget for an oil change every 2 months – there was no point since the leak was so bad I was doing an oil change just about every two weeks!